Friday, February 17, 2017

handwritten letter to the tuscany primary kids

dated september 25, 2016

The kids in the tuscany ward primary wrote scott some letters and this is what he responded back.

kamusta primary (how are you primary)?

Elder Kearl here from the Philippines, the tiny country in Asia.  I was so touched when i received your letters int he mail.  I thought it was so cool I showed it off to some of my other missionary friends.  Guess you could say Tuscany Ward i s pretty cool.  I sure do miss seeing you guys around at church tho.

It's pretty different over here.  The kids over here don't really have any toys over here b/c their families are so poor but they do play w/ these things called pogs or they play w/ teks.  Also a lot of the girls play w/ a long line of rubber bands.

Also they don't have Halloween here!  No trick or treating or customs but that's b/c they are too busy celebrating Christmas!  I saw Christmas lights and Christmas trees as early as September!  The people here really love Christmas.  It's even bigger here then back home and there's not even snow!

Where I am, is a super hot jungle with lots and lots of farms.  Sometimes when I'm in the jungle parts it looks like where Tarzan lives.  Huge trees and lots of fruit I've never even heard of.  Some things I love about filipinos is they are very nice, giving and love to take naps.  They go to bed early and wake up early.  They also do these things called a marienda.  It's basically a snack time.  Random filipinos I've never met will say "marienda tayo!"  which means "come have a snack".  This gives us missionaries a great time to teach them about Jesus, which is my favourite thing to do.  A marienda usually consists of crackers or cookies and also some pop.  The Philippines has the best crackers and cookies and candy and juice.  Even better than Canada.  Other than the delicious mariendas, they eat some weird things over here.  Like dog, chicken feet and also 2 day old chicks.  It's not so bad tho.

Even tho I've only been on my mission for 4 months, I love it!  Missions are so much fun and so great for so many reasons.  The most important reason being I get to help people who really need missionaries help.  Some people are not as lucky as us and have some really hard lives.  But i've seen the gospel change so many peoples lives in ways that didn't seem possible.  B/c the world is so big our Heavenly Father needs every single one of you boys and girls to help people who aren't as lucky as us.

I'm very excited for the day when you brave primary kids will serve the Lord and help change other  people's lives.  You can start preparing for your missions now by praying, reading the scripures and serving your friends and family.  You can be nice and help those in your life, in small and simple ways.  Every single one of you!

I just want to remind you guys that whevevery you are sad, angry, lonely or scared, you can pray to your Heavenly Father and he will help you.  I know he loves you and I.  I know your big brother Jesus Christ loves you as well.  To say "I love you" in Tagalog is "Mahal Kita" so Mahal Kita!  I can't wait to return home soon and tell you "Mahal Kita" in person.  Magunda Umaga Po!  (have a good morning).

Love,
Your pal, Elder Kearl

P.S. Teachers:  I realize that it may be hard to identify Thomas and Dawson w/ no last names but if I were to guess, Thomas is 9 y/o and Dawson is 6 or 7 y/o.  I hope this helps.  Also feel free to adapt this letter to their needs.  Seriously tho, thanks so much for the letter!  I don't know if you understand how much this means to us, for away from home.  You are the best!  Sorry for my handwriting.

No comments:

Post a Comment