Monday, December 26, 2016

i keep getting freaking rice stuck in my tooth hole!





kamusta po nay, 

sunny days for sure. and my first christmas of 2 in the field! helped me appreciate christmas back home, thats for sure. 

so about my tooth. i actually get my root canal wednesday so you can start praying then. on tuesday, doc just drilled a hole in my tooth to drain some junk and ive had no problems, no pain, handsome smile now. but the tooth is still kinda loose and i keep getting freaking rice stuck in my tooth hole!! and its a challenge to get out. i notice if its clogged for too long, i then get the rice out and a huge burst of face fluid pours out and tastes bad. the tooth holes weird, but good stories right? 

so some more things about my companion. so one night i was busy with something and asked him if he could sweep the apartment for us, he simply said "its not my culture".  i asked why and he said its more filipino to sweep the apartment in the morning! super into it! love what i'm becoming! also he loves to sing in the shower. so he will be singing and then all of a sudden you hear him pour the bucket of cold water over himself, then silence, and a "OH freak!! MALAMIG (cold)!!!" every time. he is a hoot. falling in love with the kid.

as for christmas, bc of the build up since september, i was getting hyped but it was pretty low key. mostly bc no one can afford to do much at all. christmas eve meal was just a canned ulam (side you eat with rice) and christmas dinner we actually skipped bc i was busy w my calling and we had no rice!! we did get an awesome christmas lunch tho which was great! i had a lot of fun telling everyone "merry christmas" and getting a sunny response back. the presents you sent me were so great, thanks!! i followed our tradition of putting the stockings on the couch and i was the santa this time... miss ya! super low key christmas, full of mental flash backs to my fav parts of christmas back home......christmas eve!! we had church, i was asked and honoured to be the concluding speaker. for my 7th time speaking in church, i was given 30 minutes to fill and i really prepared my talk about grace! in my super ugly tagalog but i love talking in church! hope they understood...... crazy how i have one more christmas left! idk if that is encouraging or depressing.

weekly scripture about my current favorite study topic. a classic.

Ether 12:27
And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness.  I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.  

his grace is sufficient everyone,

yeah thats it! still learing tons, improving a lot, having fun, struggling here and there. just the mission life. sunny days!! 

KEARL















No comments:

Post a Comment