Monday, January 16, 2017

a mission isn't the best 2 years of your life....but FOR your life



MOM.....I'M GOING TO BE A DAD! 

got a call from prez way up north telling me the Lord trusts me and knows i'm prepared to train a new missionary, open an area and all while continuing in my District Leader serivce. it just keeps piling up! so opening an area means the 2 missionaries from that area are pulled out or white washed for some reason, sometimes for no reason sometimes for some chastening and me and my comp are going to somewhere brand new with no idea of what's going on. i'm stoked!! i'll be getting an Anak (child) and becoming a tatay (dad). theres even one coming from berta!! 

so dentist again, all my face poision still hasn't drained so i'm returning again. her x-ray machine is like 50 years old!! thats about it there, found out the tooth hole goes pretty deep.

so this all means im leaving beloved Dupax del Sur. oh man, del sur. in my service there so far, i have taught 587 lessons and contacted 667 strangers. we have moved chapels, gotten bikes, broke them, repaired them, had one stolen and a couple weeks later returned, baptized a convert, rescued a less active family of 8, i've given 9 talks, always taught at least one class on the fly every sunday and a lot of sunny days. theres even talk of moving area boundaries now! 

there is lots to miss from that area but a couple things are on the top of that list, the neighbourhood kids are a big one, the super old, like 90 yo man i see every morning as i lift my weights, rambunctious 3 yo babe with his sidekick grandma, my insane sketchy bike that rattles while i ride, the couch, and my extremely amazing and humble Branch presidency + all my nanays (moms). a truly fine place to be born. 

that seems to be about it, hard to stay calm right now because i am just stoked to have a child and see whats in store for me. a mission isn't the best 2 years of your life but for your life. its been a cycle thats for sure and i'm excited for the future!! come what may and love it right

Hymn 134 I Believe In Christ

"I Believe in Christ so come what may." 

TATAY Kearl 

(and here in the philippines if someone is like grandpa or grandma, you call them nanay or tatay then their first or last name. so just call me papa kearl)

























No comments:

Post a Comment